11.30.2012

You Have Conquered


One month ago today, Steve Toms died.  Reality can hurt but love is a propeller. 

Normally when I blog, I am lucky if about 60 people put a hit on the site.  But a month ago, I posted an entry that had 1,200 views in the first two days.  It had nothing to do with me or the words I used, but it was a small glimpse into the influence that Steve Toms had ...has.  I would argue that Steve 's impact now has an even further reach than before. 

I've replayed hundreds of times, the way he'd walk into the cafe at Life Time Fitness, and would shriek "Josh-oouuuuu-WAHH!!!".  With it came his big grin (we ALL knew it) that would cause everything in its path to immediately smile back.  He was a quick-witted smart aleck, but with an honest heart and a unique way of communicating simple truths.  And when he did call you out on something, the reasoning was undeniable and the insight moved you towards being a more admirable person.  

Jesus gave him a new way to move forward, and Steve was life-giving because of it.  His journey was one of hope, positivity, and empowerment.  He motivated, energized, and mobilized me; really he did that for everyone who knew him.  My hope is that this would continue to be true.  Be open to being affected- whether just one month later, or 30 years from now... 

Miss you much man.    

-j