6.06.2012

In Bloom


A few days ago, the Jason Mraz episode of VH1's StoryTellers premiered.  StoryTellers was a groundbreaking concept when it debuted, and it’s potential impact remains solid.  Why?  Because its focus is an intimate-unplugged-small-venue-show, wherein the artist is invited to speak directly about the meaning behind a song, right before actually playing it.  The best stories are much longer than the songs themselves.  The power of story (not to mention in this case, IN ADDITION to the mind-blowing experience of music) creates emotional connections.   



                                                                                    Click to watch  Jason Mraz StoryTellers


Conviction becomes evident, purpose arises, and soul is found... all within the art of the story.        

So, what’s your story?  It’s a common question I ask.  You’ll be surprised at all the different ways people answer.  The greatest responses are always contemplative and authentic. 

I have a story, as we all do…  but I’m working on truly finding it.  Digging it up, dusting it off.  Eventually polishing it.  Your passions are birthed through your story.  As I construct my dream, I am aiming to discover how who I am, and what I’ve experienced can best be put forth into something bigger than myself.  Isn’t that the point of story- to piece it into the larger narrative of all existence?  I have to believe so.

-js