8.09.2012

Mist Rising


My most favorite music has always stemmed from artists who blend musical styles (311, RHCP, DMB, Mraz, Beastie Boys, Project 86).  They all draw on various influences, and then make something entirely new by combining them into one, creating a hybrid style. 

I too, am a hybrid. 

Throughout my life, I’ve often had a hard time identifying with any one particular thing.  I live in the tension of being a part of multiple worlds.  It’s a major factor that makes me who I am.  I put extreme emphasis on belief, diversity, and being relatable and relaxed.        

I recently experienced an epiphany moment of massive encouragement.  I essentially realized that who I am is who God created me to be, and I have the freedom to pursue a dream that is personally suitable.  It presents a complete shift in thinking, and all is in heavy prayer.  With all that said, you can expect a nonprofit that images the hybrid concept.  

Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you.
Isaiah 60:1

-j